Check out my homework helper picks discussed during my live segment on XETV’s San Diego Living Program on January 16, 2015! YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebj8p8ZVx5U
Entering is soooo easy! (*U.S. residents only)
1. Like Mason Kern’s “Teen Trend Watchdog” page on Facebook
2. Follow Mason Kern “Teen Trend Watchdog” on Instagram (@TeenTrendWatchdog)
3. Follow Mason Kern “Teen Trend Watchdog” on Twitter (@TeenWatchdog)
4. Once at least 2 of the 3 actions above are complete, Tweet this exact Teen Trend Watchdog *Lap Desk Giveaway* Contest promo with URL and Twitter handle: “Win a stylish lap desk from Teen Trend Watchdog Mason Kern – enter to win at www.tinyurl.com/TTW-Contest1 and follow him on Twitter @TeenWatchdog” (this will serve as your official contest entry, also confirming all the required actions above are complete).
5. Share! Once BOTH Mason Kern’s “Teen Trend Watchdog” Instagram account reaches 100 followers AND his Twitter account reaches 50 followers, the winner of the Teen Trend Watchdog Lap Desk giveaway will selected using Random.org.
6. Winner will be contacted via Twitter for shipping details at that time.
If you’re like me, already planning for college, the future and life ahead, you may have realized that going to a college best suited for your career needs can be really expensive. Unfortunately, the costs are so high it is preventing kids to attend college at all. To help deserving students from low income households realize their collegiate dreams, Tutan Reyes, a former NFL lineman, founded the Beyond the Boroughs foundation.
Beyond the Boroughs is an organization that presents opportunities for students in need of scholarship funds to attend college. In the nearly seven years that the organization has been in existence, it has awarded almost 100 scholarships to students to attend such excellent schools as Syracuse University; the University of California, Davis; Princeton University and many more. This is a fabulous opportunity for teenagers who are ambitious to gain critical financial assistance from an organization whose mission is to “ease the financial hardships that deter the next generation of global contributors from pursuing higher education.”
To be eligible for this wonderful opportunity, there are a few requirements that need to be met. Luckily, any student in any state is eligible but the following criteria also applies: The student must be entering and/or currently attending an accredited four year college or university, have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, come from a low income household and are involved in extracurricular activities or a job. Though I sense it’s not an actual requirement, the organization does state that it places “emphasis on providing assistance to first generation collegians.”
This organization has benefited the lives of many, and allowed many teens to pursue their career dreams. The next opportunity to apply for the scholarship opens on January 15 and closes March 15, 2015. Learn more about it online at www.beyondtheboroughs.org. I would encourage you to spread the word about this worthy organization.